If you want to upload a score but don't want to share it with the world, you can make it a private score by checking one box.
Here's what you need to know:
- When a score is marked private, it won't show in search results except for yourself, and even somebody who has the link (if the score was initially public before you made it private) will get an "Access denied" page.
- If you want to share a private score with somebody else, click the Share button, and you can send them a secret link that will allow them to access the page. You can also break an earlier secret link by clicking "Reset the secret link."
- If you share a private score with a group, then the score becomes accessible to all members of that group, including in search results. You can combine private scores with a private group to share scores exclusively with, for example, members of a music class. See Groups for more information.
There are two ways to make a score private, depending on whether you're on Musecore.com or in the Musescore application (with an internet connection). Either:
- Click on the ⋮ icon next to the score title, select Update this score, scroll down and check the box for "Make this score private."
- In Musescore, go to File / Save Online..., and check the box for "Make this score private" near the middle of the window.
- Go to My scores, check the box to the left of the score(s) you wish to make private, and select "Make content private" in the Action menu at the top.
To make a private score public, follow the same steps as above, except uncheck the box for "Make this score private" or choose "Make content public" in the My scores Action menu.
See also Update your score.